DevOps + Security Engineer
As part of our team, you will work side-by-side with the Yova CPO Erik as well as the tech team. You are successful if Yova maintains the highest security standards on both, internal and external tools.
As a DevOps and Security Engineer at Yova, you should be:
- Excited about the Yova mission to mainstream impact investing.
- Enthusiastic about maintain the highest security standards.
- Have knowledge about IT security and databases.
- Have had first touch-points with managing cloud-based infrastructures, especially Google Cloud and Gitlab CI/CD.
- Enjoy understanding and evaluating cloud-based SaaS providers.
- Enjoy digging into workflows and discovering even the smallest weaknesses.
- Be an analytical and conceptual thinker with an affinity for technology.
- A self-starter who can work with minimum guidance.
- Lots of fun to work with.
- Be a clear and honest communicator, with full proficiency in English. German is a plus, but not required.
- Any hands-on IT experience is a plus, especially SQL knowledge.
As a DevOps and Security Engineer, you will be responsible to set up the highest security standards at Yova. In particular, you will:
- Conduct a full audit of our internal application landscape and derive recommendations to improve its security.
- Conduct a full audit of our external SaaS tools in use and discover security issues.
- Review all teams‘ processes, discover weaknesses, and implement recommendations for improvement.
- Improve offline security and draft team guidelines and communications around this topic.
- Set up an IT tool management system.
- Creating or enhancing software programs to automate tasks
- Optimizing software build pipelines
- Researching DevOps practices and recommending improvements
We offer a first-hand start-up experience with the opportunity to disrupt the financial world and make impact investing mainstream! You will be exposed to a wide range of challenging topics with high-intensity coaching from our founders and investment team. Specifically:
- You will grow hands-on expertise in the following areas: IT security, workflow analysis, offline security.
- You will learn important soft skills such as analytical thinking, conceptual thinking, problem-solving, clear communication, working to a high-quality standard and lean tool & software development.
- You will be part of an ambitious impact mission.
- You will work directly with the Yova CPO and co-founder Erik as well as our most experienced engineers.
- You will join a high-performing team in a fast-growing start-up and get to know what it’s like to build things from scratch.
- You will work in a fun and flexible environment with great and inspiring colleagues. Our team is truly unique.
- You will work very independently and take responsibility from day 1, contributing your own ideas and opinions.
- You will get an attractive compensation package.
Workload: 100% | Start date: ASAP | Location: Zurich or remote in EU