Backend Engineer (Ruby, location flexible)
Yova is the leading digital platform for investing with a sustainability impact. Yova customers invest directly into companies that help to solve global problems, e.g. by fighting climate change or by promoting human rights. All investments are professionally diversified portfolios that are designed for attractive financial returns.
We are looking for a Backend Engineer for the Yova team. As part of the engineering team you will be working on the core user flow of our web and mobile application in collaboration with the Engineering team. You will become an important part of one of the Yova offices and work closely with the whole tech team.
More concretely, you will:
- work on the Yova’s product backend
- deliver a functional logic for features that improve Yova product
- help to implement process & methods to support a growing tech team
- work closely with the Product team
As an integral part of our engineering team, your technical expertise, your keen attention to detail, and your communication skills are crucial for you to be successful in this job.
- You are an A-Player engineer.
- You have completed a computer science, business informatics or a comparable degree.
- You have 1–3 years of work experience.
- You are a strong analytical thinker who enjoys solving complex problems. You enjoy paying meticulous attention to the detail.
- You are good at breaking down complex problems and making them understandable to non-techies.
- You are fully proficient in English.
- Being located in Bratislava or Zurich is a plus.
You have the following technical skills:
- Ruby on Rails
- Experience with client-server architectures, application development, and using databases
- Experience with REST APIs
- Experience with version control systems (preferably Git)
- Agile development method
Advantage is a knowledge or experience with:
- Other backend languages, especially Python
- Cloud services (Amazon Web Services, Kubernetes + Google Cloud)
- Angular or other frontend languages
- Sass or other CSS preprocessor language
What we offer
You will join one of the hottest fintechs in Switzerland. We offer a job with purpose and so-far unsolved tech challenges. You will be exposed to a wide range of topics with high-intensity coaching from our founders and leadership team.
- You will be able to take ownership for your ideas from day 1.
- You will work in a fun and flexible environment with great and inspiring colleagues.
- You will be able to define and achieve your own goals.
- You will be taking leadership to get things done in an agile development environment.
- You will use cutting-edge technologies.
- You will have first-hand start-up experience. Your ideas, opinions, and experience will be listened to and treasured.
- You will join a great team with an ambitious impact mission. Team events, lunch clubs, a good mood, and a nice environment are the core of our team’s happiness.
- You will work from wherever you want. If you want, you have a workplace in Zurich or Bratislava.
- You will get an attractive compensation package.
Workload: 100% | Start date: ASAP | Location: flexible
Send your application and cover letter to email@example.com