Impact Team (Germany/Switzerland) – Head of Impact
Yova is one of the hottest fintech scale-ups in Europe. For over three years our investment product has revolutionized the impact investing space and allows everyone to invest into sustainable companies. Yova is scaling at high speed and – so far – has attracted thousands of impact investors.
Yova is proud to have developed one of the world’s leading approaches to assess the impact of financial investments in a tangible and accessible manner. Our proprietary methodology is based on the advanced assessment of a company’s impact of its products and services (handprint) and the environmental and social impact of its operational practices (footprint).
We are now looking for a Head of Impact to join Yova and expand our leadership position in this area.
As the Head of Impact you will be responsible for all sustainability impact related topics at Yova and report directly to the CEO. You will be working closely with our Investment Office, Product and Customer Success teams.
Specifically, your tasks will include:
- Building and guiding a team of impact research analysts and economists and promoting their professional growth
- Working directly with the founders and C-Level to drive our mission – you are part of the company leadership
- Advancing Yova’s thought leadership in sustainability by continuously improving our impact assessment approach, metrics and tools – including data sourcing and enhancements
- Expanding and leading the company research efforts and the provision of vital input on Yova’s state-of-the-art investment universe;
- Preparing thought-leading research on blockbuster topics, potentially in partnership with academic institutions or sustainability organizations
- Developing methods to make impact measurable and come alive for our impact investors, e.g. by shareholder engagement
- Representing Yova at public appearances on impact-related topics, as author of sustainability publications and with regards to all impact-related inquiries (public and internal)
You are successful if more people are excited about impact investing every day.
You should have the following skills and qualifications:
- 5+ years of impressive professional experience in the field of sustainability research, impact investing or similar and 7+ years of overall professional experience
- An advanced postgraduate degree (e.g. PhD), a degree in a sustainability program or other sustainability credentials are a strong plus
- In-depth knowledge about global impact methodology, measurement techniques and reporting standards
- A track record in writing and public speaking, either in a corporate setting or academia
- Excellence in communication and relationship building
- Proven execution and cross-team project management skills
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills with a data mindset – additional advanced IT proficiencies, such as Python and SQL, are a plus
- Knowledge about (financial) sustainability regulations in Europe and worldwide
- German and English on native speaker level
What we offer
We offer a first-hand start-up experience with the opportunity to disrupt the financial world and make impact investing mainstream! You will be exposed to a wide range of challenging topics with high-intensity coaching from our founders and leadership team. Specifically:
- You will join a high-growth startup on a mission to make impact investing the de facto standard in the investing industry.
- You will join Yova right before we internationalize, with the opportunity to shape and drive the build-up of a digital sustainability champion.
- You will be part of a high-performing team that is great fun to work with.
- You will have the opportunity for rapid professional and personal growth, taking on more responsibility in a quickly expanding organization.
- You will receive an attractive compensation package that includes an equity stake in the company.
- You have the chance to use your talent, time and passion for a mission that can help put all of us on track for a better future.
Workload: 100% | Start date: ASAP | Location: Frankfurt/Berlin/Zurich (flexible home office arrangement)
If this opportunity excites you, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.