Compliance and Risk Controlling Manager (Germany)
Yova is the leading digital platform for investing with a sustainability impact. Yova customers invest directly into companies that help to solve global problems, e.g. by fighting climate change or by promoting human rights. All investments are professionally diversified portfolios that are designed for attractive financial returns.
Yova is working to mainstream impact investing and sustainability in finance. We strive to offer the best investing solution in the market on both purely financial (i.e. risk/return) and sustainability impact dimensions. As the Compliance and Risk Controlling Manager, you will play a key role in helping Yova deliver on the promise to its customers. As Yova starts its international expansion, Yova needs to stay compliant with financial regulations in Germany and Switzerland. The position is a newly created role at Yova.
- Financial Regulatory Compliance. You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of internal standards, policies and control mechanisms to adhere to financial regulatory requirements in the EU and Switzerland. This may include formal roles and duties as a compliance, anti money laundering, outsourcing and internal audit officer.
- Risk Controlling. You will develop, maintain and control regulatory risk controlling processes, incl. Monitoring of risk limits, risk-bearing capacity and risk strategy.
- GDPR Compliance. You will maintain and monitor internal and external GDPR compliance processes and may include the role of GDPR officer.
- Operational Compliance. You will conduct operational compliance checks for newly onboarded investors or within unusual investor activity. In the Mid- to Long-term you will drive the development of a semi-automated compliance platform together with our IT developers.
As part of Yova you will report directly to the management and will work together closely with our Impact Investment Office and other divisions on a broad range of regulatory and risk topics.
As the Compliance and Risk Controlling Manager you should have the following skills and qualifications:
- At least two years hands-on experience in the compliance department of a financial institution, consultancy or auditing firm.
- In-depth knowledge of German and EU financial regulations (WpHG, KWG, GWG, MaComp, MaRisk, MiFIDII, GDPR, a.o.).
- Track-record of setting up waterproof compliance systems and processes.
- Proven execution and project management skills.
- Excellent skills in internal (cross team collaboration) and external (auditors and regulators) communication.
- Proficient in common office IT tools (e.g. MS Office / Google Suite) and a general affinity towards technology (processual and conceptional).
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degrees.
- Fluent in German and English.
- Someone who is a lot of fun to work with.
What we offer
You will join a high-performing team in a fast-growing start-up on a unique impact mission. Working with us is fun.
- You will be taking responsibility in a highly agile enthusiastic growth environment with our team’s full trust in you and your ideas
- You will have plenty of freedom for your creative power.
- We care about your personal and professional development.
- You will have an attractive compensation package including equity.
- You have a real chance to put a dent into the world’s future by showcasing that sustainable finance is the best way of doing finance.
Workload 100% | Start date: ASAP | Location: Frankfurt/Berlin (flexible home office arrangement)