Development Team (remote) – Senior Backend Engineer, Ruby
Yova is the leading digital platform for investing with a sustainability impact. Yova customers invest directly into companies that help to solve global problems, e.g. by fighting climate change or by promoting human rights. All investments are professionally diversified portfolios that are designed for attractive financial returns.
We are looking for a Backend Engineer for the Yova Switzerland team. As part of the engineering team, you will be working on tools that enable us to create & manage thousands of customer portfolios at the same time.
More concretely, you will…
- …work on the core of Yova’s backend tech: the portfolio generation engine
- …improve what enables Yova to manage thousands of portfolios: the trading module
- …help to implement process & methods to support a growing tech team
- …take over a leadership role in the investment tech team
- …work closely with the Investment Office team
As an integral part of our engineering team, your technical expertise, your keen attention to detail, and your communication skills are crucial for you to be successful in this job.
- You are an A-Player engineer
- You have completed a computer science, business informatics or a comparable degree.
- You have 5-10 years of work experience.
- You are a strong analytical thinker who enjoys solving complex problems. You enjoy paying meticulous attention to the detail.
- You are good at breaking down complex problems and making them understandable to non-techies.
- You have the following technical skills:
- Ruby on Rails (advanced)
- Experience with client-server architectures, application development, and using databases
- Experience with REST APIs
- Experience with version control systems (preferably Git)
- Agile development method
- Advantage is a knowledge or experience with:
- Other backend languages, especially Python
- Cloud services (Amazon Web Services, Kubernetes + Google Cloud)
- Angular or other frontend languages
- Sass or other CSS preprocessor language
- You are fully proficient in English.
What we offer
You will join one of the hottest fintechs in Switzerland. We offer a job with purpose and so-far unsolved tech challenges. You will be exposed to a wide range of topics with high-intensity coaching from our founders and leadership team.
Specifically, you will…
- …work on a variety of challenging and novel problems
- …use cutting-edge web technology
- …work with our most talented engineers and receive coaching from our management and senior engineers
- …define and work toward your own goals
- …join a company with a strong purpose
- …work in a fun environment with inspiring colleagues from all practices (investment office, marketing, customer success, design, …)
- …get first-hand experience in a challenging startup environment
- …work from the center of Zurich, with options to work from home / remote
- …receive an attractive compensation package
Workload: 100% | Start date: ASAP | Location: Flexible within Europe